Pages

Sunday 20 April 2014

River Island Chunky Gladiator Sandals.

As you may know I go on holiday at the end of May, so I have started to buy a few bits and pieces for it. In reality I'm using it as an excuse to buy myself new things during study breaks. I always feel like you have to get in quick with summer clothes, before you know it it's July and everything's gone. I learnt my lesson last summer when I spontaneously booked to go to Italy in September, absolutely no summer clothes anywhere! This summer I decided to be safe, start early and buy a few bits every month...which also helps spread the cost! So to add to my extensive range of bikinis (who actually needs 10 bikinis in Scotland?!) I acquired these pretty sandals. 


Now I know they may not be every ones cup of tea, but I really like the chunky shoe trend at the moment and they are surprisingly easy to wear. They are from River Island and cost £40. The upper is made from a pretty decent quality fake leather and the sole is plastic. They have two ankle buckles to fasten, which if you have slim ankles and feet like me is ideal because they fasten quite securely so they don't flap around. The heel height (if you can call it that) is 6cm, so it gives a little height boost but they are still comfy. 


I think these will be ideal for nights out while I'm away...I don't know about you but I think that wearing heels abroad doesn't feel right. There is far too much dancing to be done, I don't need heels killing my feet. So far they feel pretty comfy, I haven't worn them outside yet because I don't want to ruin them (yep, I'm one of those people). But I like the fact that I can wear them at home too, because they are a bit more chunky I will get away with wearing them when the weather brightens up a bit. They go with almost everything I've bought so far and they make even the simplest things are bit more interesting so in my eyes they are a winner! They also come in gold and light pink...you can get them here!


x

2 comments:

  1. I love chunky sole as well, they give a nice amount of height but are still really comfy!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will be really handy for wearing at night time on holiday! x

      Delete