Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Catch a wave...

I have naturally wavy hair...I only discovered this a few weeks ago when I let it dry naturally. Turns out its not curly it's wavy, but because I have spent years dying it and generally not treating it very well it is somewhere between wavy...and an afro. So I decided to get a waving iron to give it a helping hand. Luckily I have A LOT of Boots points saved up so instead of having to spend my pennies on something I may end up not really using...I used my points. I settled for the Umberto Giannini Triple Barrel Ceramic Waving Iron, it originally cost £29.99 but it had £5 off so it cost me a total of 2499 points :) 


They are a little tricky to use in the beginning, I kept catching my hair on the outside but you get use to opening them up fully before clamping your hair. The main issue I found was that it took me aaaages (about 40 minutes) to do my whole head, that said though I do have a lot of hair and it is pretty long so it might just be something that comes with practice. 
Overall I'm quite happy with the results...its a bit different to my usual. I think it would look really nice with a centre parting and a head band, or on really long hair. I might give it a go with my extensions in...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment