Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

New "Budget" Buys...



Recently I've had to get use to the fact I no longer have a salary to support my shopping obsession. With no student loan and only a part time job (boo min wage) to get me by, I've had to make a few changes. With that in mind Primark, eBay, sales and my student card have become my new best friends. Here are my "budget" buys from the last month:


Shorts - eBay £28.66 (inc del)
I ordered these from Australian brand "Sweet and Bitter" (linked above) I love the colour, the studs and the fraying. Customised denim shorts seem to be having a fashion moment. Unfortunately my bum is too big and my waist is too small for these ones so they are now being sold on eBay. Sad face.


Belt - Urban Outfitters £18 £9
Lunch with a friend turned into "lets look in the shops"...I had every intention of just looking, but I saw this little belt for half price shouting at me to buy him. It will go with loads so I think it was worth it....

Disco Pants - American Apparel £70
On the same lunch date we decided to go to American Apparel and try on the infamous DISCO PANTS! I wholeheartedly expected to leave the shop and head straight to the nearest Weight Watchers. But they actually hold you in and give you a really nice shape. I didn't pay £70 though...I had a bidding war on eBay and saved £7. Every little helps, it's that right Tesco?


Vest - Topshop £18
I seem to be a sucker for all things tie dye. And I couldn't resist this top...I think it will look great tucked into my disco pants and I did manage to get myself a little discount with my student card =)


Top - Primark £4
I hadn't been in Primark in a long time and I was pleasantly surprised. They have lots of really on trend pieces. This t-shirt caught my eye and the price tag sealed the deal.

Black Top - Primark £4
Denim Shirt - Primark £8
 I appear to have a thing for tie front tops as well...three in one shop. I've been looking for a tie front denim shirt for a while now and this one fit the bill perfectly. I'll wear it fully buttoned up with a necklace under the collar.

Blouse - Dorothy Perkins £28
And finally...I am not entirely sure about this one. The base colour looks more navy than black and I don't have much I can wear it with. I love the collar and the floral pattern but I think I would love the £28 (lies...£23.80 after discount) back in my bank account.

I think I didn't do too badly...in total it all came to £157.41. I can do better though...my next venture is into charity and vintage shops. I love the sense of achievement you feel when you find something you really like there, I think its because you've had to work that little bit harder for it. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment