Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

February Hair Product Haul.

Originally I thought I hadn't bought too much in February...but when you put it all together, turns out I thought wrong. I've bought a lot of beauty bits and bobs this month. A lot of them being products that I've wanted to try out for a while. I'm going to split this into three posts...hair, make up and fashion. So here is the first...Hair!


1. Phillip Kingsley - Elasticizer
This product has a bit of a cult reputation. Apparently this was made especially for Audrey Hepburn to keep her hair in good condition while having it over styled daily for filming. It is a pre shampoo treatment. The bottle tells you to wet your hair and apply it in sections working it through evenly to the lengths. Leave for 10-20 minutes (or while your bath is running) then rinse well and wash and condition as normal. My hair is completely frazzled at the ends from years of bleaching and heat. So I decided to sleep with it in overnight and I definitely noticed a big difference the next day, it was much softer than normal. It does say for best results use regularly. If I still love it once the tubes finished I will definitely buy the bigger tub. The 75ml tube is available from Feel Unique for £15.

2. Bumble and Bumble - Surf Spray
Another product with a massive following. I love salt sprays, they add texture and volume so easily. This one smells lovely and is lightweight. It says you can apply it to damp or dry hair. If you have fine hair this product would be ideal to spray onto damp hair to give you a bit more texture. I have ridiculous amounts of hair so I tend to style my hair then spray this on and scrunch. I bought the tester from Boots but the full sized bottle is available from Look Fantastic for £21.50.

3. Charles Worthington - Curl Definer Smooth Waves Taming Spray
This is the kind of product I always pick up. Anything that promises to smooth my frizzy wavy hair. Nothing ever works for me, my days of washing my hair blasting it and leaving the house are gone. This is a nice enough product, it just didn't do what I had hoped...which is perform a miracle so I won't hold it against it. It does smell fresh, smooths hair and doesn't weight it down so if you don't need as much help as I do then this would be a good product for you. Available from Boots for £5.99.

4. Natural World - Moroccan Argan Oil Moisture Repair Hair Treatment Oil
I love this product. First off it is soooo cheap. I bought mine from Savers for £3. The oil is a really nice consistency not too thick not too thin and it absorbs into hair so well. I have used argan oil before and I was never too fussed about it. But now I use this all the time. I use it after a shower through the lengths of my hair. I also use it on the ends if they are feeling a little dry, rub a bit in and leave overnight in the morning the product will have completely absorbed. Obviously don't go pouring loads on...that's just silly. All in all I definitely recommend you add an oil to your hair routine especially if it is damaged like mine. You can get this from Savers or Fragrance Direct for £2.99.  

What do you think of these products? Which are your faves?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment