Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

February Make Up Haul.



1. MAC Lustre Drops - 'Pink Rebel'
MAC is a brand that I've always been a little scared of, I find the shops and their massive array of products a bit daunting. However I got my hands on a few bits and pieces and I'm hooked. Lustre drops is a liquid highlighter. Either used as part of a contour or with a little mixed into your foundation it leaves you with a healthy dewy glow. I think Pink Rebel is a great colour for paler skin tones, bronzed tones can often look fake. Available from MAC for £18.

2. Calvin Klein Ultimate Edge Lipgloss - 'rose' and 'rich&famous'
I'm not a big fan of lip gloss, it brings back teenage memories of feeling like I had glue smeared on my lips (pointing no fingers...Juicy Tubes) and my hair constantly being stuck to my mouth. I converted to lip balm and lipstick years ago. However these little pots aren't lip gloss as we know it. They are light and moisturising while still giving a subtle wash of colour they also last a good few hours. The brown shade is called 'rose' and the pink is called 'rich&famous' which is my favourite. These are available from Fragrance Direct for an absolute bargain at £1.99.

(Left - rich&famous Right - Rose)

3. MAC Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tint - K-Wow
I love this product, it doesn't feel sticky or heavy like other lip glosses. It just gives a subtle wash of colour and a high shine to you lips. The colour is a very natural pink, it is slightly lighter than my natural lip colour but apart from that an ideal everyday shade or to balance out a strong eye look. Unfortunately this is being discontinued by MAC though, so I can't get too attached! 

(L-R - MAC Eyeliner, Lipliner and Lipglass)

4. MAC Lip Pencil - Vino
I am a massive fan of a dark red lip so this lip liner is perfect for me. It is perfectly named and reminds me of the colour your lips turn after one too many glasses of red wine. Dark lip liners can be daunting but this one is easy to apply and glides on smoothly. Use this as a base for your lipstick by lining your lips and then filling them in with the pencil then applying your lipstick over the top, it will stay put for hours. It is also an amazing colour to use to create an ombre lip with a bright red lipstick or liner. Available from MAC for £12.  

5. MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner - Strong Willed
Because I'm blonde I often think that black eyeliner for an everyday (kicking about uni) make up look can look a little bit harsh, this colour is perfect, it's a sort of deep browny purple shade which also helps to compliment my green eyes. This definitely lives up to the name 'longwear' it doesn't budge once it's on, it lasts all day and night (I fell asleep with it on...sorry I know it's naughty). In fact I had to work quite hard to get it off. I can't seem to find this in the UK...so here is the link to the US MAC site.


6. Real Techniques - Powder Brush
From my last Real Techniques post you will know that I absolutely adore this brand and this brush is no exception. As usual the bristles are so soft and dense making it feel far more expensive than it actually is. It is the perfect size for all over powder, bronzer or mineral foundation. Which is exactly why I bought it, to go with the bare Minerals foundation. It blends product in seamlessly and because it's so big it takes seconds to cover your whole face. Can't fault it! It's available from Look Fantastic for £10.99.

7. bareMinerals Matte Foundation - Fairly Light N10
I've been eyeing this product up for a while now and I finally took the plunge and invested. I'm not a massive fan of wearing foundation daily, I generally wear concealer and powder as my base. So I thought as a compromise between the two this would be perfect. However I was a little disappointed with bareMinerals. It has such a massive hype behind it that I think I was expecting big things and it just didn't deliver. I bought the matte version, when its first applied it looks lovely and even with no dry patches. However I find that it needs reapplying through the day as I've become shiny again. The coverage is not what I would expect from a foundation, it is more like a tinted moisturiser. I don't mind this too much but I wouldn't recommend buying this if coverage is what you need. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it didn't dazzle me like I had hoped. Choose from 20 shades at Feel Unique

8. Kent Angled Eyebrow Brush No.1
If you want a sharp clean line on your brows this brush is not for you. In my opinion the brush is slightly too big and not blunt enough to create a defined brow. However it would be good if you were doing a quick natural look where definition isn't too much of an issue and you just need a bit of filling in. It's available from Look Fantastic for £6.65.


9. LUSH Liquid Lipstick - Laugh Out Loud
That's a bit of a mouthful! I took a wander into Lush to kill time the other day and saw the amazing colours of these lipsticks, I couldn't resist. My friend had one before and the colour was incredible so I was keen to buy my own and try it for myself. They definitely do not disappoint! The colour is a beautiful two tone pinky orange colour...almost like a shimmery coral, it's so intense when applied. They don't feel heavy or sticky however they do stay wet which takes a little getting use to. I need to buy more of these immediately...get yours for £14.50 at LUSH.

10. LUSH Lip Scrub - Bubblegum
Continuing with my Bubble theme I also bought this little wonder. I suffer with really dry chapped lips, I've tried almost every lip balm/treatment there is, with little joy. I mainly bought this because it smells amazing and I thought I might as well give it a go. But when I tried it out, it works wonders...a little rubbed over lips and rinsed off makes lips so soft and smooth. I use it before bed with a moisturising lip balm or before a night out to make sure my lipstick goes on evenly. Cannot recommend enough. Clearly I need to try out more LUSH products if these two are anything to go by! Lip scrubs are available from LUSH for £5.50.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment