Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Best Places for Tall Clothes...

As you may or may not know I'm pretty tall (over 5'11) so I know how difficult it can sometimes be to find nice, on trend clothes that actually fit. I don't know if it's just me or do some companies assume the taller you are the wider you are? I'm not particularly big but I am long...I just need a few extra inches added on to cover my stomach and my ankles. I know we all have our own clothing "problems" but this and finding bras that fit (I might go into this another time...) are mine. So I thought I would try and help out other not so vertically challenged girls with a few of my favourite places to shop and a few tips at the end. 

Just to put it into perspective...

Probably most talls girls go to range. What can I say? On trend, not too pricey and generally good quality. I would say that a good idea is to go into a store that holds the tall range at sale time, they tend to have previous seasons stock out the back that they only bring for sales.  



New Look removed their tall range from store and as far as I am aware now it is only available online...which is a bit rubbish because I use to love their tall range it was so affordable and they had a massive choice. Although they still do offer a good variety I find that a lot of it is just the same thing in several colours! Sort it out New Look!


I know this might be a strange one for some people, but in my experience Zaras trousers and jeans they are all pretty long. I'm a 35 inch inside leg and I have several pairs of their jeans and they all fit perfectly or are slightly too long. Definitely worth a rummage in their sales as well!


Hallelujah! ASOS have finally cottoned on! I've been dreaming of this day for years! Their offering is a mix of their own brand and other tall ranges such as New Look and Glamorous Tall. They don't a lot of variety yet but it has expanded since I first checked it out so fingers crossed they keep it up.



For me LTS can be a hit or a miss. I have a few things from them, but I'm often let down by items when I try them on. They look great on the model but in real life it's just not the same and for the prices they charge I expect it to fit like a glove! I also find that a lot of the clothing is more my mums taste than mine, I feel they are missing out on a massive gap in the market by not really catering for the younger customer.


I've only recently heard of this brand, but although they don't have a lot on their website the items they do have are exactly the type of things I have been looking for. Well fitting basics and a plain jersey maxi that touches the ground, dream come true! The prices are reasonable as well. Fingers crossed for them!




There are a few others such as Dorothy Perkins and Next but I feel they only cater for an older age range, unless you are buying staple pieces. It can be hard and it is unfair that we mainly have to buy online but I would never change the fact that I'm tall...I love that I can see at every concert, I can reach things without ladders and that I could pass for 18 at 13 (sorry mum). 

x

Tips for tall girls! 
  • Learn how to sew, being able to let a hem down and adjust the length is invaluable! 
  • Buy trousers or jeans that have a turn up, let it down and steam iron it with a damp cloth.
  • Skinny jeans slightly too short? Turn them up once and wear them as ankle grazers.
  • Look at the models height when shopping online to get an idea of how it will fit on your height.
  • Embrace the current trend for lower heeled boots for a night out.
  • Make sure you have a pair of well fitting black trousers, black skinny jeans and a pair of denim jeans and you are covered for all occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment