Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection Review

I've never really been a fan of make up brushes, I've always preferred using my fingers or a sponge to put on my foundation. But after hearing the buzz about the Real Techniques brushes many million times I decided to see what all the fuss was about. So here's my review of the 'Core Collection'.



The set of four face brushes comes in a black carry case which double up as a holder with the pull of a toggle. The elastic that holds the brushes in is a little tight and I often find if I'm in a rush that I don't bother to put them back in because it's too fiddly, but for travelling purposes the case is a great extra! The set costs just £20.99 from Feel Unique.


The Detailer Brush
This brush is probably my least favourite of the four but that's not to say that I don't like it. It has a very small head which makes it good for focusing on detail (like the name suggests)...covering spots, small areas etc. but apart from that I prefer to use it as a lip or eye shadow brush.


Pointed Foundation Brush
I love this brush, but I have no idea who has time to put their foundation on with it. For me it is far too small to use as a foundation brush. Instead I use this to put on my concealer, it blends it in so well and has the perfect pointed shape to get around your eyes and down the sides of your nose.


Contour Brush
Perfect sized brush to contour and highlight the whole face. It blends the product in beautifully and doesn't leave harsh lines. Although I would say it is slightly too big to contour my nose precisely as I would like.


Buffing Brush
I have no idea how I ever lived without this brush. It has completely changed the way I put on foundation. After I have 'painted' my foundation on I use the buffing brush to blend the product in making it look flawless. No tide marks, no streaks! I also feel like my make up stays put a bit longer when I've used this brush. It's also a really good brush for buffing on mineral foundation or powder.


Overall I'm an absolute convert to brushes...they are definitely worth the money and I've even started to build my collection. I would definitely recommend you invest in a set of Real Techniques brushes!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment