Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Bits and Bobs from Boots...

Basically someone made me go into Boots and forced me to buy this stuff...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Here's what I though of what I bought:


Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush
I have always loved cat eye flicks. However I'm an absolute perfectionist when it comes to make up and I can never quite get it right...ones always seems to be higher or thicker than the other. So unless I have hours to get ready (which is never) I don't even attempt it. Until I tried this brush...it's like flicks for dummies. I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of it for doing liner on my lid because I don't feel like I have enough control over the brush. But for flicks it works so well...I used gel liner  (I should probably have used liquid) and while pulling my eyelid to the side slightly (you know what I mean) I ran it along the lash line and flicked it out at the end...I then went back over it, joining the point of the flick to the lid line about a quarter of the way back in to thicken the line and make it more precise. They are available from Look Fantastic for £5.09. It's also available from Boots but Look Fantastic are currently offering it at a cheaper price!

Eyelure for Boots 'Lash Pretty' in LP5
I love false eyelashes, and since the disappearance of Mister Mascara (where did he go?) I've been looking for a new favourite. I think I might have found it, these are so pretty. They give lots of volume but don't look too over the top because they aren't too long. They are a really nice curved shape that makes application easy, they sit nicely on your lash line with minimal need to poke them about to fit. They are exclusively available at Boots and cost £6.50.

TIP: Glue your eyelashes on normally, once you are happy with them dot a few blobs of glue along the band and pat in gently with your finger. This will reinforce the original glue and make your eyelashes less likely to fall off. Wait for the glue to dry and then apply eyeliner (carefully), this will let you cover up any messy bits and also means if you mess up in the first place you won't have eyeliner everywhere.

Models Own Hyper Gel in Pink Veneer


First things first...look how pretty the colour is!! This is an easy way to nail the pastel trend if you are usually a lover of dark clothes (like me). The consistency of the nail polish is slightly thicker than Models Owns normal range but it applies just as easily and dries quickly. It took me three thin coats to build up to an even all over cover and after around 20 minutes I felt like they were dry enough to go about my life again. Pretty good so far right?...but this nail polish claims to be a gel like polish. Give it it's dues it does have a really pretty high shine finish but I found that after around 2 days I had chips and what looks like cracks all over the ends of my nails. Not what I expect from gel. I probably will buy this in other colours but I wouldn't expect much more from it than a normal nail polish. Available from Boots for £5.


L'Oreal Skin Perfection Soothing Gel Cream Wash

The Skin Perfection range is my new favourite. I've been using the serum, day moisturiser and eye cream, I love it all so far so I thought I might as well try the face wash! I'm not a big believer that face washes have any impact apart from removing dirt but since I started using this I have noticed that my skin has been clearer than normal. It's soap free and is designed for dry and sensitive skin so it doesn't have a fragrance. It has a really nice gel like texture and lathers up well so you only need a blob about the size of a 5p. Overall I think I will be sticking with this for a while...it's available from Boots for £2.99.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair

Not the best photos but you get the idea...
I suffer from pretty bad dark circles under my eyes so finding a concealer that hides them well is like finding the holy grail. This one definitely lives up to all of the blogging hype that surrounds it. It's quite thick which gives fuller coverage and means you don't need as much because it also blends really well. I use my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation brush to blend it once I've applied it around my eyes and down the sides of my nose. Considering it only costs £3.99 it definitely beats a lot of more expensive alternatives. Get it from Boots!

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in 220 Showy

Serious pout...
Generally when you think of matte lipstick, you assume it will be drying right? Not this one! Not only is this super pigmented it's also really moisturising and has a nice minty smell. It doesn't give the most matte effect but it does the job without drying. Which is really good news for my already dry lips. The colour is so bright and cheerful it livens up any outfit. It's a perfect way to wear a lip colour through the day. I'm going to have to physically restrain myself from buying every shade. Available from Boots for £7.99.

x

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have amazing blog and what a great post, I wish we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you lovely! I've followed you on Bloglovin! x

    ReplyDelete