Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

#nomakeupselfie

You would have to live on the moon right now to not be aware of this trend! Basically girls are removing their war paint and taking a 'selfie' which is then posted to any social media site. Originally this started as one of those annoying chain type messages you get on Facebook...you know the ones! They claim to be raising awareness for various forms of cancer. Correct me if I am wrong but the whole world is painfully aware that cancer exists. Everyone has been affected by it whether it's personally, a friend or a family member. So to me posting random statuses about where you leave your bag or taking a make up free 'selfie' is not going to have any great impact on the cause. 


I guess that's why I was pretty negative about this when it all started. To me, posting a picture of your face is not going to make a difference at all. Although I suppose in a way it did make a difference because it made people question what the point to these 'selfies' actually was! 

Luckily people have realised that the best way to actually make a difference is to donate what ever you can afford. Cancer Research have already reported £2million in donations from the last 2 days alone. That's why I succumbed to peer pressure and took my own #nomakeupselfie. If it encourages just one person to donate then it's done some good. 

To donate £3 to Cancer Research text BEAT to 70099. It's for a great cause and lets be honest we don't look that horrific without make up! 

Have you taken your #nomakeupselfie yet?
x

2 comments:

  1. Its for a great cause, you look so young and pretty without make up, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Aww thank you lovely! :) xx

      Delete